Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Holly's Last Week (HLW) - Part II

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Claude's condo clean? Check.
Bags packed? Check.
Garbage taken out? Check.
Plants watered? Check.
Off to Lony and Jemp's home as the next and last home-base in Europe.

By mid-afternoon I was ready to move on to exploring Luxembourg on my own for my last week. The casemates, Vianden, and the Palais Grand Ducal were on the list of places to experience (while leaving a little room for social events with my hosts and room for last-minute changes).  I like ensuring there is time for randomness. You just never know!

After getting settled into my new space and freshened up, we received dinner guests.  A lovely couple from Germany and a retired friend who consistently travels from place to place. It was a great evening of conversation.  Everyone was most considerate by speaking English for most of the evening.  I was also fortunate to be seated next to the retiree. His career had been translation. A translator with an amazing memory for facts and figures.  The conversation was never boring.

It was a good transition day and a lovely evening with good company.  There was also champagne, nibblies, wine, food, wine, homemade plum tart dessert and the after dinner drink.  Whew!  I don't know if I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment