Translate

Monday, August 19, 2013

My Last Full Day


August 14 – Day off. Got my stuff together so we could leave in good time the next morning. Got some laundry done and got photos uploaded and downloaded.
 
Holly and I went to Lony and Jemp’s for a lovely farewell dinner. Champis on the back deck and then we saw the video of Jemp and Lony’s amazing journey around the world in their 53 ft. sailboat Aquarius IV. I hope to have a better photo of the book later but this will give you an idea.
 


 
The book started as a monthly column – in German – for the Luxemburger Wort, the daily newspaper. People kept asking for the “book” so it was published, in German, a few years ago. And then there was a call for a French version – so the first printing came out a month or so ago. There was lots of video and lots of photos along with both Lony’s and Jemp’s notes and the result is stunning. I have asked if Jemp will publish it in English as well but he doesn’t think so. He didn’t think there’d be a market outside of Luxembourg. Jemp did the writing in both French and German. He studied languages years ago.

Here is the correct story from the author himself, Jemp says:

"During our circumnavigation, I started writing about our voyage in the local yachting magazine, in French. Then some friends asked for a book and I finally published the first edition in November 2010. The 1,000 copies sold within 2 months. Then the Luxemburger Wort asked me for an interview which took place in August 2011 after which they also asked me to write my story in German over some 70 episodes to be published every fortnight on the Panorama page of the LW. After the last episode, a book in German will be published.

"When interest in the French book continued, I decided to reprint it after deleting some less interesting chapters which allowed me to add an extra 100 pictures bringing the total to almost 1,200 illustrations."
 
Thanks for straightening me out!
 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your next project to translate the book? It's been wonderful to follow your journey! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete